Thursday, January 3, 2013

Not going to lie ... I have a problem.



My friend Jules thinks I'm nuts.

Well a lot of people think I'm nuts, but Jules is really on to something. You see, I have this addiction. Once I start reading a series, I have this deep, dark need to finish it. No matter what. I will endure 13 books of crud, just in case. What if book 3 is amazing? What if the two leads, ripe with sexual tension, finally give in and 'do it'? What if a meteor falls from the sky and squishes the annoying supporting character? What if, what if, what if?!
I'm not sure how to stop. Is there a 12 step process or do you quit cold turkey?
Don't get me wrong. Sometimes it's a good thing! It took me several books to really get into Kim Harrison's 'Hollows Series'. But I persevered, and now Rachel Morgan is one of my favorite characters. And if I need another example, two words will suffice ... Jericho Barrons. Mmmmmmm .....





Oh and in other news. I'm about to be famous ... just sayin'.

Status Update from Facebook:
Kelly Martin, Author - I had a very nice friend sacrifice her good name for a bad cause (I wanted a bad girl name to replace 'Amber' in BIG). She shall forever more be called KENDRA-- thanks Kendra Selby!!

You can find Kelly's first novel, 'Crossing the Deep' here. It's amazing!


Currently reading: "Every Day" by David Levithan




No comments:

Post a Comment