Saturday, January 5, 2013

Do you have an E-reader?

I am absolutely in LOVE with my Kindle Fire. To the point of almost obsession. Really? Me? Obsessed?



It's an amazing piece of technology really. A few years ago, my dear husband bought me a Sony Reader for Christmas. He knew I wanted a Kindle, but was only able to shop a few days before Christmas and couldn't get me one. At that point Kindles were relatively new. He gave me the option of keeping the Sony, or exchanging it for the Amazon version. I chose to stick with the Reader because I could use it by downloading library materials to it instead of purchasing books whenever I wanted to read. Kindles didn't have that option ... yet.
I never used it.
I missed the smell of a real book, the feel. While I liked the portability, it was a pain to load the books. It sat, collecting dust, for quite a long time.
When Amazon release their Kindle Fire, I fell in love. A tablet and E-reader all rolled into one? Where do I sign up?! I begged, and cajoled my loving family for one endlessly. I repeated over and over to my 4 year old daughters "mommy wants a Kindle Fire for Christmas". Only to be thwarted when I asked Payton what it was mommy was hoping for and her response was "a candle holder".



Fortunately my husband's good sense prevailed and one week before Christmas I was presented with a brand new Kindle Fire. It's something I use, without fail, every single day. The fact that I can now download and read library books is a huge plus. After 2-3 weeks the file disappears and you are left with not a fine or fee in sight. It's amazing.
So,do you have an E-reader? If so, what kind and do you like it?


Currently reading: "Every Day" by David Levithan



No comments:

Post a Comment