Thursday, March 14, 2013

"The Magnificent Rogue" by Iris Johansen



Started March 10, 2013 - Ended March 12, 2013


I was in the mood for a good, old-fashioned bodice ripper. I chose a novel by Iris Johansen because she is a classic romance author. Lots of steamy love scenes, inner turmoil, and sexy leading men.


From Amazon: A princess and a warrior-chief are swept from the glittering courts of Elizabethan England to the storm-tossed cliffs of the Scottish Highlands, in an engrossing tale of peril and desire.


So I ended up with Influenza B and was bed bound and ill for the better part of a week. Because I didn't feel well, I wasn't really into the whole reading scene and picked this book up only when the meds I was taking had kicked in and I was comfortable enough to sit still. I wanted to love this book, and I might have, had the main heroine and love interest not been 16 years old. Creepy. So mostly for that reason I give "The Magnificent Rogue" a C.





#23

No comments:

Post a Comment