Sunday, March 17, 2013

"Shatter Me" by Tahereh Mafi



Started March 15, 2013 - Ended March 17, 2013


"Shatter Me" is a cross between "The Hunger Games" and "X-Men." I'm totally OK with that.


From Amazon: "You can't touch me," I whisper.

I'm lying, is what I don't tell him.

He can touch me, is what I'll never tell him.

But things happen when people touch me.

Strange things.

Bad things.

No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon.

But Juliette has plans of her own.

After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.


Imagine being unable to touch anyone without hurting them. That is the reality Juliette is faced with each and every day. "Shatter Me" was a light, fluffy read that I enjoyed until the last page. It's part of a series (of course it is), so I'm anxiously awaiting "Destroy Me", a novella from the perspective of the main baddie to hit my inbox so I can start book 2, "Unravel Me". Because I'm anxious to see what happens next, I give "Shatter Me" a B.





#24

No comments:

Post a Comment