Sunday, February 10, 2013

"The Carrie Diaries" by Candace Bushnell - Fiction


Started February 10, 2013 - Ended February 11, 2013


I was never what you would call a fan of Sex and the City the series, but the thought of reading the books always intrigued me. With the premiere of The Carrie Diaries on TV a few weeks ago, it sparked my interest once again.


From Amazon:The Carrie Diaries is the coming-of-age story of one of the most iconic characters of our generation.

Before Sex and the City, Carrie Bradshaw was a small-town girl who knew she wanted more. She's ready for real life to start, but first she must navigate her senior year of high school. Up until now, Carrie and her friends have been inseparable. Then Sebastian Kydd comes into the picture, and a friend's betrayal makes her question everything.

With an unforgettable cast of characters, The Carrie Diaries is the story of how a regular girl learns to think for herself and evolves into a sharp, insightful writer. Readers will learn about her family background, how she found her writing voice, and the indelible impression her early friendships and relationships left on her. Through adventures both audacious and poignant, we'll see what brings Carrie to her beloved New York City, where her new life begins.


"The Carrie Diaries" was super cute. I remember being 17 and in my Senior year where so many things are changing. Your relationships with your friends, family, and fellow classmates alter very perceptibly in a short amount of time. I have to admit, this book is what did it for me. I couldn't wait to pick up the sequel "Summer and the City" and request "Sex and the City" from the library. I just need to know what happens. Who knows, after this, I might even request the TV series as well. Just what I need, another obsession. ;)
I give "The Carrie Diaries" a B+.





#14

No comments:

Post a Comment